Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 22-df0023w
Microsoft Windows 11

Everytime i try to run youtube the whole page freezes up,  

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @txguy1 

Is this the only problem you are having with your PC? Can you watch video on different sites?

Computers are complex beasts. Very strange to see the browser you are using only lock up at YouTube.

I would try a different browser: Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Brave.

Some faulty BIOS updates have been pushed to certain HP PC product groups over the last few months. Your PC falls into this category.

Avoid any automated BIOS updates from HP Support Assistant. 

Also stop HP Firmware updates offered by Windows Update.

Enter Advanced System Settings in Search. Select the Hardware tab.

Select Device Installation Settings. Select No. Save changes.

Select Apply then OK.

Regards

HP Recommended

actually does it on any page,  a box pops up saying its not responding do u wanna wait or close it,  it does this when trying to play a video and then after a a min it starts  working., everything else works find,  just seems playing videos 

HP Recommended

HI @txguy1 

Have you tried a different Web browser?

Weird stuff such as this can be caused by a failing HDD or SSD. Faulty RAM can also cause this.

Run HP Hardware Diagnostics.

Start the PC. Tap the "ESC" key.

Select "F2". Run system and component tests Make sure you check drives and memory in addition to other component tests.

Regards

HP Recommended

I allready had HP run all the test and everything passed,  they told me call this number to get more help,.  videos seem to work on google chrome but not microsoft edge

HP Recommended

Hi @txguy1 

Thanks for the info. I would use Chrome.

Check system files for file corruption.

Open an Admin command prompt.

Enter the following command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Upon completion now enter:

sfc /scannow

Regards

HP Recommended

they said some kinda software issue on my computer,  but warranty doesnt cover it,  hp wants a 100 to fix it

HP Recommended

Hi @txguy1 

Are you talking to HP? There are HP scammers in the wild masquerading as HP.

Do you have an active HP warranty on this PC?

Did HP say what software is causing the problem?

Regards

HP Recommended

used the hp on my computer,  they ran dianostic on it,  and said was software issue,  and then gave me the number to call, cause their a hardware  only  so had to call hp and they said warranty wont cover it,  I could do a cloud resest but i need a 35 gig flashdrive

HP Recommended

Hi @txguy1 

This sounds like you are dealing with a real HP representative.

Do the HP Cloud Recovery. Back up data before doing this or you will lose the data.

Follow instructions at this HP Site to do a cloud recovery.

You would have a hardware problem if you see the same symptoms immediately after doing a HP Cloud Recovery.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.