Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-15-2021 04:45 AM
I am trying to install Windows 10 onto my Z820. I was having problems as Windows crashes after installation, so I did the following:
- [Default Setup]
- [Restore Factory Settings and Default]
- [Apply Defaults and Exit]
- F10 to enter BIOS
- Security] [Secure Boot Configuration]
- Disabled Legacy and enabled Secure Boot
- [Save Changes and Exit] Now when I hit the power, nothing happens and eventually the power button turns red and beeps. Now I cannot go into the BIOS. Any ideas what to do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-17-2021 03:12 PM
Thank you for the information. Not having the manual I had to resort to the Internet. A CMOS reset did the trick. Unfortunately < my settings repeated the error, and I reset the CMOS with the power connected and rendered my BIOS useless 😞
I guess reinstalling the BIOS is the next step. Again thank you for the advice.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community