Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
H5S28ES#AB8
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hp Compaq Elite 8300 Microtower

Bios version 2.9

2234 heci error during initialization-

"The computer is booting up with this error BIOS has been updated but the error persists"

The computers used in the official apartment began to give the same error. Bios update, restore to bios factory settings The same malfunction continues. In that case we have 10 computers.

2234 2.jpg

3.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. Check in your BIOS if the Intel Management Engine (ME) says N/A. I think that's the problem and I do not find how to fix it.

If your Intel Management Engine is OK then just upgrade your BIOS and your ME to the latest version and that should fix the problem

HP Recommended

UPDATE 1 !!

If I set a jumper in my  "ME/AMT flash overrride" pins, the computer boots without showing the error

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer. There is 1 jumper on the motherboard. I could not find the place you said. If I set a jumper in my  "ME/AMT flash overrride" pins I couldnt find it.

I could not find any other jumper in the red ring.

8300_SFF_MB_12.jpg

HP Recommended

First you need to check in your BIOS  if the ME is not available. I have a Z230 so it is different from your 8300.

You can check here:  http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03612798

In page 30 you can find how to disable AMT/ME

In page 307 you can find some other AMT info. (I am gonna try this when I get home, the Ctrl+P thing)

HP Recommended

My problem is still unresolved.

I expect a new defective computer to come. The BIOS version 2.18 on the motherboard, I will try to do the upgrades one by one, I did not fix the problem directly when downloading 2.71. I write the result.

I expect your help and comments to work well.

HP Recommended

Sup every one, the way to fix that persistent 2234-heci error is reflashing your bios via epron, not via windows, on prodesk 600 g1 works for me.  and u just need to erase and rewrite the chip, cheking its integrity. That gave me problems to rewrite the chip in ep programmer.

I hope that help... my problem is just solved, and i tryed to update and downgrade bios via flash on windows with hp program (sp4324xx archives) and nothing solved.

Just that way i said.

C ya.

Doutor PC
Varginha salveee et city!

Doutor PC_VGA na soluçao das dores de cabeças do t.i. perdidos nos foruns gringos 😄

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.