Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 260 G3 DM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

recently I bought mini desktop HP 260 G3 DM (PN: 4YV64EA) and after unboxing I found out, that it has different CPU than advertised by the seller and also official HP market site for this PN (Pentium 4415U-advertised vs. Core i3-7130U-real). Nevertheless, better CPU is pleasurable surprise 😉 The worse thing is that the board lacks TPM - it is detected neither in Win10 nor in Linux and also BIOS setup menus don't contain anything TPM-related, although the specs say that TPM 2.0 is included. In addition, the board layout is slightly different than pictured in maintenanceand service guide (the board has more jumpers) and BIOS setup menu structure is completely different compared to description in the guide.

Is it possible that HP changed hardware specs for given PN? Has anybody such experience?

Without TPM, the box is nearly useless for me as I intend to turn Bitlocker on.

HB

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@HerorBrutor wrote:

.... after unboxing I found out, that it has different CPU than advertised by the seller and also official HP market site...

@HerorBrutor 

HP 260 G3 DM is a series of many different models/products with many different configurations/combinations using the following list

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06098154#AbT2

But ALL machines have

• Cable lock slot
  • Padlock loop
  • Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0

Device Manager should show TPM under Security devices

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien thank you for confirmation that TPM 2.0 should be present in HP 260 G3 DM. But in the piece on my table it isn't. Situation in Win10/2004:

- in device manager (hidden devices shown) there is no Security devices category at all

- in Windows Security - Device Security the security processor is not mentioned

- in elevated PowerShell, the cmdlet Get-Tpm says TPM is not present

Situation in Debian 10 and 11:

- no /dev/tpm* device is present

- no tpm* module is loaded

- explicit modprobe tpm* does not discover TPM

I know that missing TPM in OS can be observed when TPM is disabled, but in the BIOS setup there's no setting related to TPM (BIOS is the latest version 02.14.00).

Brgds,

HB

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.