Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. I am prepairing to install 3 HDDs in my HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower PC. Can I damage my computer by installing 3 HDDs?

HDD Models:

HDD 1: SAMSUNG HD320KJ

HDD 2: WDC WD3200AAJS-60M0A0

HDD 3: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Stanka1 wrote:

Hello. I am prepairing to install 3 HDDs in my HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower PC. Can I damage my computer by installing 3 HDDs?

I'm just going to answer the question, but no one can certify anything here, it would be a big mistake
Installing a hard drive, whether SSD or HDD, is virtually risk-free.
But opening a computer, and changing something, or just performing maintenance (cleaning), is not without risk.
Mishandling and you can damage something!
So check if you have the necessary equipment, be careful of static electricity, you need a special bracelet at best!
Read the documentation carefully, pay close attention to how to proceed, before intervening.
The risk will be reduced

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Stanka1 wrote:

I'm just going to answer the question, but no one can certify anything here, it would be a big mistake
Installing a hard drive, whether SSD or HDD, is virtually risk-free.
But opening a computer, and changing something, or just performing maintenance (cleaning), is not without risk.
Mishandling and you can damage something!
So check if you have the necessary equipment, be careful of static electricity, you need a special bracelet at best!
Read the documentation carefully, pay close attention to how to proceed, before intervening.
The risk will be reduced

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I don't have an ESD wrist strap that I cannot protect my computer when replacing and adding HDDs, because some floors in my home are carpeted. Can I protect my computer by working on a non-carpeted floor because I don't have an ESD wrist strap?

HP Recommended

Good question, but I can't confirm.
It seems to me that whatever, you have to do as mentioned here

Hardware Reference Guide - HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-dc7800-convertible-minitower-pc/3459240/manuals

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.