Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
hp omen 880-001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, i am upgrading my cpu from a i5-7400 to a i7-7700k on my mother board naples. (https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05530904) to go along with this upgrade i bought a corsair h45 aio cooler and dont have any 3 pin connectors for the pump on my mobo. ive been told that you can plug it into a 4 pin fan conncetor but it will run at max speed constantly.

aswell was wondering if a cpu upgrade is as simple as placing the cpu in the socket and turning on your pc or do i need to instal anything.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@yeboi, welcome to the forum.

According to the Product Specifications in the section titled "Processor upgrade information", the i7-7700K is not listed and has not been tested to assure that it will work with the motherboard.  Therefore, it would be a rick to try to install it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Main problem with this is the fact that they sell 880 series pc's with 7700k so i dont think that there will be a problem

@old_geekster wrote:

@yeboi, welcome to the forum.

According to the Product Specifications in the section titled "Processor upgrade information", the i7-7700K is not listed and has not been tested to assure that it will work with the motherboard.  Therefore, it would be a rick to try to install it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

@yeboi,

Your 880 has the Naples board, with SSID: 8308 . It supports the 7700.

The 880 with a Tampa2 board SSID: 8437, and supports the 7700K

Both have a different BIOS, and SSID.  Your motherboard does not support that BIOS.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hey thanks for a more in depth answer. Is there anywhere i could pick up a tampa2 motherboard? I had a look at the board and it has a pump header on it which would also solve the main problem. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.