Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 520pc All in One
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I have a cracked/ shattered touch screen ( glass ) on my 520pc All In one desktop.
I currently have the Machine torn down/ apart and the LCD is fine. I have the part number for the screen ( it’s on the production label from Samsung), but not a part number for the glass.
I need a HP part number for the glass only, I don’t need the digitizer, just the glass. The screen size is 23”. Also- I need a U.S. based supplier to purchase from if you know of one. I can source the 3M double sided foam tape locally, but if anyone knows the 3M part number- pass it along please.
If the glass isn’t available separately, as I’ve seen on some models, I’ve just buy the whole screen assembled w/ the glass. Please pass along anything you might find useful.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I was about to give up, then one night, a guy on EBay posted exactly what I needed- paid under $100 w/ shipping incl. 👍🏻

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Rhm5, welcome to the forum.

You should try HP Partsurfer to see if HP has it available.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended
It’s made by Samsung and not listed on HP Part surfer
HP Recommended
Part number for the LCD screen is : LTM230HT10 but that doesn’t include the glass I need. No sense in spending big $ on a screen I don’t need, I need the glass.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Rhm5.

You may have to contact a local computer shop to see if they have a source for the glass.  I can't find any source after searching the web.

I did read where a member had a piece of plastic cut the size and shape of the glass and glued the frame to it.  The touchscreen didn't work with this solution, however.

HP Recommended
I was about to give up, then one night, a guy on EBay posted exactly what I needed- paid under $100 w/ shipping incl. 👍🏻
HP Recommended

@Rhm5, thank you for the update on your problem.  We appreciate hearing how a problem was solved.

HP Recommended
It took many hours of research and what I learned about finding a replacement glass only screen? You can’t buy just the glass, but you can buy the screen ( the part behind the glass). If you find just the glass I’d be shocked!!! The proper name for the glass ( digitizer ) w/ the screen as a whole unit will have to come from a used 520 - 11xx or 520-1047c ( my unit), as long as your part numbers match EXACTLY and make sure it’s dimensions are exactly as what you’re replacing ( 23” in my case), you should be good!
I spent close to 100 hours to learn what I just wrote above!
I had dealers who: never called me back, some I emailed pictures to ( and they still got it wrong w/ their replies), one ( from NY), quoted me $400 ( wrong part ), and sent me pics and I found the EXACT same part ( pics were very unique) on eBay for $112 and they tried to rip me off! Idiots!
So beware, some companies are marking up 400% and when u pay them, they go buy it now on EBay and sell it to you that way! I was too smart for that BS!
Good luck to all who attempt a cracked/ broken glass screen on an all in one 520 pc.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.