Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion 570 p-023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a pavilion 570-p023w and i installed a 1050 thinking it would work because my cpu is 65 watts while the gpu is 75 equalling 140 watts, but now the graphics card fans run but my pc doesnt detect it. I need a power supply upgrade that can replace my 180w psu preferably 300w. ty for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@myeyesonly , welcome to the forum.

Depending on the manufacturer and style of the GTX 1050 it could require 400W to operate properly.  I always suggest at least 100W to 150W more than the video card requires.  You should measure the space provided for the power supply unit (PSU) and compare the measurements to the one that you choose.  I like Corsair products.  A modular PSU is good for smaller mid-size cases.  Here is a PSU that should work.  Read the "Specifications" tab and the Customer Reviews for more information on it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@myeyesonly , welcome to the forum.

Depending on the manufacturer and style of the GTX 1050 it could require 400W to operate properly.  I always suggest at least 100W to 150W more than the video card requires.  You should measure the space provided for the power supply unit (PSU) and compare the measurements to the one that you choose.  I like Corsair products.  A modular PSU is good for smaller mid-size cases.  Here is a PSU that should work.  Read the "Specifications" tab and the Customer Reviews for more information on it.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

if i combine a 20+4 together to make a 24 pin can i connect it into my 24 pin monitor? 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @myeyesonly !

The monitor will still connect to the video port on the back of the computer, either on the video card or integrated video.  The 24-pin (20+4) ATX Power is the main power connector on the motherboard.

HP Recommended

yeah idk why i said monitor i meant motherboard

HP Recommended

@myeyesonly wrote:

if i combine a 20+4 together to make a 24 pin can i connect it into my 24 pin monitor? 

@myeyesonly, I thought that you most likely meant motherboard.  Just wanted to make certain.

You are correct that the 20-pin + 4-pin makes the 24-pin ATX power connector.

HP Recommended

hello again, I ended up upgrading my psu to a 400w and my gpu still has the exact same symptoms, fans spin, pc doesn't detect, I bought this 1050 off of the amazon warehouse, so should I just assume it came in already dead?

HP Recommended

@myeyesonly 

I suggest  contacting the video card manufacturer's Tech Support to see if they can help you.  They are the experts on their products.  Then, if they can't make it work, it would be a good idea to do a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.