wideminnow
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

ADD MVME SSD CARD

HP Recommended
690-0067C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to add a  1 TB MVME SSD CARD  to my 690-00676c desktop. 

Some places show that it has a mounting screw.

Other places show that it does not have a mounting screw and does not support a SSD card.

Can you tell me which one is correct.

3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,176 24,802 2,904 10,818
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wideminnow , welcome to the forum.

Here is the Motherboard Specifications page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-690-0000a/37730935/document/c0593...

If you look at the motherboard diagram in the middle of the right facing side it shows a M.2 SSD socket.  It is a M.2 socket 3, key M.  You should be able to use a NVMe, M.2, SSD in the socket.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article to help you with the transition from the HDD boot drive to a SSD boot drive: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Upgrading-Desktop-or-Laptop-to-a-SSD/ta-p/73048...

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
wideminnow
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I reviewed the specs several times. The picture shows that it has a screw  to hold down the SSD card. My pc does not have a

screw. Some sites state that my unit does not support the SSD drive while other sites shows that it does ( Very confusing).

Does any one know what size screw is needed and where I can purchase one. 

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,176 24,802 2,904 10,818
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are correct to be cautious!   I have to go with the HP specifications.  I don't have a computer like yours.  The SSD that you buy should have the appropriate screw to hold the SSD in place.  They are a standard SSD screw.  Any local computer shop should have them.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation