Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 8200 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade my HP Compaq Elite 8200  PC to solid state hard drive? I'm considering using a Kingston A400 solid state drive 240GB S.A.T.A. 3 2.5” Internal. I know that I will need a 3.5" to 2.5" hard drive tray for the drive to fit. Is there a second slot for this drive to be installed? From another HP community post, I know that the second drive only works on the BLACK connector, not the light BLUE. I assume the black connector has nothing to do with the DVD drive and that the DVD drive can remain functional in the computer. As mentioned the drive I'm considering is S.A.T.A. 3; Read Speed: 530MB/s; Write Speed: 500MB/s. Another HP community post said that they had success with the San Disk solid state drive PLUS 240GB Internal solid state - S.A.T.A. III 6 GB/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to 530 MB/s - SDSSDA-240G-G2. But, I wanted to know if the solid state drive I'm considering will also work. Also, which of the two solid state drives mentioned would be the best choice? Will the motherboard and system bios be compatible? I want this as a second drive in my machine for data only. In the future, I want to be able to remove this drive and install it in another machine. Then, I would have this data available when I upgrade to a new computer. Any suggestions on which of the two solid state drives would be the best choice for this application and any comments on my future plans to move the solid state drive to another machine in the future will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Mark

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Upgrading your HP Compaq Elite 8200 PC with a solid-state drive (SSD) is a great way to improve its performance and responsiveness. The Kingston A400 240GB SSD and SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB are both good options for this purpose.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.