4 2 0 3
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Add a third HD to my Pavilion p7-1247c

Pavilion p7-1247c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just added an SSHD to this system.  Discovered that I could not add it as a third drive, because found the bay only accomdated two drives.  I think that the case is tall enough for a third drive.   And I see an empty SATA port on the motherboard, tho I don't know for sure if it will support a HD.

Thus

1. Can I add another HD to this motherboard?
  2. If so, where can I get a taller drive bay compatible with this case?

Thanks much for any help.

Bruce

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6891 6879 235 293
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Add a third HD to my Pavilion p7-1247c

@Brucebr

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that you're wanting to know information on Adding 3rd hard disk on HP Pavilion p7-1247c Desktop,

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

When adding a hard drive, it is important to identify the connectors on the motherboard.

The hard drive connectors on the motherboard must match the type of hard drive you wish to connect. If your motherboard has SATA data connectors and one is not in use, you can attach an additional SATA hard drive. If your motherboard has an IDE connector available, you can attach an IDE hard drive.

Figure: Motherboard with IDE and SATA data connectors

1. IDE connectors

2. SATA data connectors

Figure: Example of SATA connections

1. Power cable

2. SATA data cable

Figure: Example of an IDE connection

1. IDE ribbon cable

2. Power cable

Video overview: Click Here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation