Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My Omen Obelisk OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0255st (1A226AV_1) has two M.2 2280 slots (labeled SSD1 and SSD2) and two HDD SATA connectors (labeled HDD 1 and HDD2).  I currently have three hard drives - one SSD NVMe and two HDD SATA.
I want to add a 4th drive - a second SSD NVMe connected to the M.2 2280 slot (SSD 2).  When I add a second SSD NVME the computer won't boot and would start an endless loop of Windows repair. Is there is something I need to enable to have 2 SSD NVMes? I see other less expensive desktops successfully (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Add-2nd-SSD-to-Omen-Obelisk-875...) added the second one, but I have no luck so far. Please advise

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I'm curious about this also. Is your first M.2 1 TB? Right now I have 1 TB m.2 and a 2 TB hard disk. Would like to add to other slots. How many more slots do I have? I also have a 30L GT13.

HP Recommended

@KosmosDoctor 

May 4, 2020 - 2 PCIe NVMe SSD's configured in RAID0. OMEN 30L Desktop.   I would avoid add a second NVMe.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

It was RAID causing all the problems. Changed it twice. First time changed it and the system went to restore mode. I thought it stayed as Non-RAID as I changed it. But no, the system changed it itself to RAID again. Had to change it back to Non-RAID after the system restore and only after that I managed to add the second NVMe. Is there any way to change the RAID to non-RAID so that in case of the HP bios restore it stays as NON-RAID and doesn't go back to RAID as it was shipped? Thanks

HP Recommended

I have 2 NVMe slots (shipped with one 2TB NVMe) and 2 Sata HDD drives. Basically 4 drives. Added the second 4TB NVMe. Wanted 8TB but way to expensive

HP Recommended

I noticed on my Customized Options page I have "No Raid," so I'm hoping this isn't an issue and I can just install another M.2 NVMe drive. Looking inside I found the "SSD 2." May also try a 4 TB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.