Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Can someone tell me exactly how to add another 4GB to my all in one. There doesn't seem to be an obviously way in other than three screws on the back cover. I don't want to pull it apart unless this is the correct way. TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HERE IS THE MANUAL for that model.  On page 18, it starts with the procedure on how to get into that area for the memory.

On the support site it states:

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR3 SO-DIMMs (204-pin) sockets
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DDR3 SO-DIMMs
  • Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* PCs

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

In order to give acurate advise, the complete model number is needed, since there are many Pavilion 23.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply. Model No. is 23-b222ea.

HP Recommended

HERE IS THE MANUAL for that model.  On page 18, it starts with the procedure on how to get into that area for the memory.

On the support site it states:

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Two DDR3 SO-DIMMs (204-pin) sockets
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DDR3 SO-DIMMs
  • Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit PCs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* PCs

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Perfect. Just what I needed. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.