Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I added an SSD to the system. My plan is to clone the system partition from the hard drive and move it to the SSD. I am having problems with Windows and the BIOS recognizing the SSD. Upon first boot, the SSD was not recognized by the BIOS. I changed the SATA connections and rebooted. This time the SSD was recognized and I let it load Windows. When I checked the drives in Windows Explorer, the SSD did not show up, but the other drives did. I have a spare HD data drive also.  I rebooted and the SSD was no longer showing up in the BIOS. I went through this procedure a few times with the same results. Is there something else that I can try?

The BIOS Version is: HP L01 v2.53, 10/20/2014

SMBIOS Version: 2.7

BIOS Mode: Legacy

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If the drive is recognized in bios then once windows boots you will need to go to control panel>administrative tools> system management>disk management and create a partition and format the drive.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention in my post that I also checked Disk Management and the SSD did not show up there either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.