Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion TG01-1109
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Specifications for this PC say 2 expansion slots one for m.2 ssd, one for Wlan, PCIe .   I understand this.

I purchased a WD Black NVME 500 GB  SSD upgrade.

The desktop came with 256Gb SSD installed and from which everything boots from.

My question is.  1.  Is this a new SSD compatible with my Desktop .  I believe it is.

2.  Do  just pop it in and bobs your uncle. Everything will boot correctly etc????? or do  need to relocate things and format things and specify which drive to use and other wise do more set up on it to get them all going.  

I"d like to just add this to the existing SSD do i have 750 Gb in total.

Before i start am i missing anything here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no way to add "game space" without upgrading the M.2 SSD to one with higher capacity.

That is one of the reasons that I chose a 500GB m.2  SSD over one with less capacity when I configured my Spectre notebook.

Replacing the legacy 2.5" hard disk with an SATA SSD would be an option but that still requires disassembly.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You did not state which type of SSD you purchased.

"WD Black NVME 500 GB SSD" is missing the physical interface type.  Is it a 2.5" notebook SSD or a M.2 module?

The only M.2 slot that is available is in use for the 256 GB M.2 SSD.

The other slot, which is for WIFI, is a different slot type.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Sorry, it is a M.2 for PC.

Ok so to upgrade my  SSD space (not enough room for games to install)  I need to take the computer in to have an expert clone my windows 10 etc etc onto the new drive and the old one is removed.

Is there any other way to add game space (beside deleting stuff on current drive). 

I have read posts of people trying to add games to the Hdd, many had problems of some sort.  Is this a possibility before I take the computer in for more space.

HP Recommended

Sorry, it is a M.2 for PC.

Ok so to upgrade my  SSD space (not enough room for games to install)  I need to take the computer in to have an expert clone my windows 10 etc etc onto the new drive and the old one is removed.

Is there any other way to add game space (beside deleting stuff on current drive). 

I have read posts of people trying to add games to the Hdd, many had problems of some sort.  Is this a possibility before I take the computer in for more space.

HP Recommended

There is no way to add "game space" without upgrading the M.2 SSD to one with higher capacity.

That is one of the reasons that I chose a 500GB m.2  SSD over one with less capacity when I configured my Spectre notebook.

Replacing the legacy 2.5" hard disk with an SATA SSD would be an option but that still requires disassembly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.