Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G4 DM 35w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I was looking at this specification page and noticed that the HP EliteDesk 800 G4 DM (35w) has an optional upgrade to discrete graphics with the "AMD Radeon RX560 4 GB GDDR5". I have looked everywhere on Google and the HP.com site (including the parts store) and have yielded no results other than the standard PCI-e full form factor card.

Is this an add-on to the motherboard that is only available at time of purchase? Or is there a possibility to purchase this device aftermarket? Looking at my motherboard there's an 80-pin slot next to one of the m.2 SSD slots labeled "P214 DGPU" which gives me hope that the dGPU is modular.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_0774.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you look at the service manual there is an illustrated parts list.

Chapter 2, page 5, item 16.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06063157

It doesn't provide any part numbers though.

You would probably also need the 90W power supply.

HP Recommended

Thank you, that's new information for me. So now it seems HP is calling that a J41 MXM connector... which seems to be a proprietary thing? MXM is much larger than that connector.

Does anyone know more? A part number for the graphics card or something would be helpful... or more information on the 'MXM' connector on this board. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.