cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
dartfol
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Adding second HDD

HP Recommended
HP 590-p0007ur
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi! I would like to know if there is possible to add a second HDD to my desktop. HP 590-p0007ur.

1 REPLY 1
ub6424
Level 10
6,466 6,435 329 512
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @dartfol 

The current specification describes that 1 hard disk is installed:

Hard drive
[x] 1 TB (Terrybyte)

• Size: 1 TB
  • Interface: SATA
  • Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM

HP Pavilion 590-p0007ur Desktop PC Product Specifications

https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c06049242

You can normally add a 2nd SATA hard disk. Before that you should open the tower and check if you have enough space and mounting material for the 2nd hard disk. The mainboard should provide an additional SATA connector for the new hard disk.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation