Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 405 G4 Desktop Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP ProDesk 405 G4 Desktop Mini PC (Product Number 6QS11EA#ABD). It has a built-in 512 GB SSD storage and I would like to add a second hard drive. In the technical specs I can see that different types of hard drives are supported (https://support.hp.com/de-de/product/hp-prodesk-405-g4-desktop-mini-pc/26673038/model/26673040/docum...)

I have the following simple question: Is it correct, that I can add an ADDITIONAL 1TB SATA HDD drive on top of the built-in SSD? I think the answer should be yes and on the inside it looks like there is a free slot. However it would be great if someone could confirm that the PC can run with two drives at the same time.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

if the first SSD is in the M.2 slot , you can add a second 2.5" SATA disk.

Did you open the 405 G4 DM and checked if there is a metal bracket able to keep the 2.5" disc in place ?

without that bracket and SATA little cable you are not able to install and connect the second disk.

bye

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

if the first SSD is in the M.2 slot , you can add a second 2.5" SATA disk.

Did you open the 405 G4 DM and checked if there is a metal bracket able to keep the 2.5" disc in place ?

without that bracket and SATA little cable you are not able to install and connect the second disk.

bye

HP Recommended

Thinks for the quick response. I checked and the free slot seems to be available so I assume I can add a second disk. 

Do I understand the documentation right that this would be limited to 1TB? Or could I add a larger disk as well?

Thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.