Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion AIO 23-p110-ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer does not start up.

The power button lights up when pressed but there is nothing going on inside, no noise of fun or hard drive. DVD does not open either.

This is a rare condition, even in troubleshooting I have to choose between:

2019-05-18_123236.jpg

I tried all that the bot suggested and nothing. remove and reconnect RAM and HDD, BIOS reset by Windows key + B + power on, etc, nothing happens.

Hard reset by Disconnect the AC power adapter and Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds. does not work either

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for commenting.

Sorry, I didn't come back yesterday, but I managed to get a multimeter and the power supply was fine.

Then I thought about measuring the BIOS coin battery. It was ok too, BUT, after reinserting the battery the computer started just fine. And it keeps working ok.

So, I guess I did a hardware BIOS reset. They should add this step at troubleshooting.

I hope this works for anyone came after me looking for an answer.

Cheers!

HRC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Horacio76 , welcome to the forum.

I suspect that your power supply may have failed.  If you don't have a Multimeter to test it, you can take it to a local computer shop and they will test it for you for a small charge.

Make certain that the power outlet is working properly.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for commenting.

Sorry, I didn't come back yesterday, but I managed to get a multimeter and the power supply was fine.

Then I thought about measuring the BIOS coin battery. It was ok too, BUT, after reinserting the battery the computer started just fine. And it keeps working ok.

So, I guess I did a hardware BIOS reset. They should add this step at troubleshooting.

I hope this works for anyone came after me looking for an answer.

Cheers!

HRC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.