Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-b014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have exhausted all software possibilities on Youtube.  Believe to be a hardare problem.  All ports will not show on disk explorer or power my keyboard or Iphone.  Device manager shows no errors and power settings show on.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Device manager shows no errors

How do you get there?
And so, what is visible as usb device, if you develop everything ?

Does the problem happen because of something particular ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Everything worked fine for years, then noticed I couldn't charge phone . The keboard stopped working.  Charged on another charger and worked fine.DeviceManager.jpg

HP Recommended

So the mouse works?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Mouse and keyboard are built in on this Envy AIO.  I went through HP Support this morning and verified all drivers and window updates are installed.  Still think it could be a hardware problem but leary about taking apart.  Does anyone know if there are fuses?

HP Recommended

try a live windows usb key or a Linux usb key

if these find and allow working usb ports you have something corrupted in the windows OS

https://www.linuxliveusb.com/

HP Recommended

@walborn 

you are not answering my questions exactly!
You show the device manager, so you can open it, so my question is how did you do it?
The keyboard does not work, except it is recognized, visible in the manager, the USB ports, therefore seems to work
So my question was, the keyboard doesn't work but the mouse, does it work or not?

Do you have another keyboard available with its own USB dongle?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Sorry for the miscommunication, my keyboard and mouse work.  On this HP Envy, the mouse and keyboard are not connected via USB cables. They are connected internally to a wireless USB that works.  All 3 external and the micro SD port does not work.  HP Envy All In One PC 27-b014. S/N 8cq6370015 

Walborn

HP Recommended

I can't find for this one, but if the usb is integrated for the keyboard, it's exactly the same thing, except that it's hidden inside
For example

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Wireless-and-Networking/Does-my-pavilion-come-with-a-pre-insta...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacing-original-keyboard-wit...

if you connect a usb hard disk, or a usb key
you don't have the connection sound?
Connect a usb key, working, and then show me the device manager
I see in your picture, imaging devices, is that the web cam?
I ask because sometimes it is also in usb

in your opinion, from what you have seen, the problem has been there from the start, oo following a manipulation, update?
No longer under warranty?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

No sound.  There is a usb thumb drive in one external 3.0 slot and a SD card in the The SD external slot. Camera works for Zoom calls.  Problem just started.  Have used many USB devices in this computer.  I know it's out of warranty.  Probably relace it with a laptop.  I'm an old mainframe computer tech and used to fixing things.  See attachment.

walbornDeviceManager.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.