Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Slimline s5220y
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
I have an MS 7525 Mobo - its OEM product of s5220y HP Slim PC,
I am trying everything I can to update the BIOS on it. HP's support site has zero BIOS update drivers. I can't find anything anywhere that is a legit BIOS update.

Reason why I am trying to update BIOS is because there is a "System Fan Has Failed" error is appearing in POST. Reason why is because no fan is plugged in. It's a 3 wire device on the MOBO. I don't have any fans with all three wires, only positive and ground fans (2 wires).

Another approach I tried was to go into the BIOS, that resides on the MOBO now, and go into the Hardware Monitor option to disable the fan, but there is no Hardware Monitor options in the BIOS.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Jwoolington

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I ran into this very same problem a month ago on my son's HP Elite desktop -- and after checking ALL the fans on the PC (this message specifically applies to the CASE fan), I deduced that none of the fans were failing.

So, I set about searching for how to DISABLE the message.

Here is what I found (it worked for me): How to fix the F2 system fan error on some HP computers – Retrohelix.com

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Jwoolington

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I ran into this very same problem a month ago on my son's HP Elite desktop -- and after checking ALL the fans on the PC (this message specifically applies to the CASE fan), I deduced that none of the fans were failing.

So, I set about searching for how to DISABLE the message.

Here is what I found (it worked for me): How to fix the F2 system fan error on some HP computers – Retrohelix.com

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Because of a disparity in the manual (appears to be 92mm), and with HP PartSurfer (part # 517088-001, described as a 350mm fan) , which would be over 13 inches. Would you please do the following?

Remove the mounting screws, and flip fan over. Using this guide, measure the fan.  The fan actually mounts onto that metal plate, so the fan can be replaced.  On the fan's blade hub will be a manufacturer sticker.

This is an example,  would have to know the specs on the label.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Worked!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.