Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion P6129it
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I need to update my BIOS version to a version that supports UEFI. I need to change a damaged graphic card to another that is supported if it's possible to change to UEFI.

I installed HP Support Assistent, tried to fing driver and software to P6100 series, but didn't find nothing.

Could you help me please?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retired support for your PC's model series since it is over 10 years old.

It doesn't matter anyway since the BIOS your PC has is a legacy BIOS and there are no updates that would change it to UEFI.

The newest model graphics card you can install would be one of the nvidia GT 6xx cards or an AMD Radeon HD 6xxx card.

You should be able to find one in used but tested and working condition on ebay.

If you just need a graphics card so that you have video, get a GT 610 or GT 210 or an AMD Radeon HD 6450.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP retired support for your PC's model series since it is over 10 years old.

It doesn't matter anyway since the BIOS your PC has is a legacy BIOS and there are no updates that would change it to UEFI.

The newest model graphics card you can install would be one of the nvidia GT 6xx cards or an AMD Radeon HD 6xxx card.

You should be able to find one in used but tested and working condition on ebay.

If you just need a graphics card so that you have video, get a GT 610 or GT 210 or an AMD Radeon HD 6450.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply, I saw another person in the forum that said that an update was successful, but I think that he used the wrong setup.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktops-Archive-Read-Only/Surprise-after-BIOS-updating-of-Pavilion-p6...

I will try to find that old cards. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Your PC according to the specs has an Intel series 3 chipset and the earliest Intel PC's that had UEFI BIOS' had the series 6 chipset.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.