Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen #870-119
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Late last week there was an update through HP Support Assistant for my desktop, Omen #870-119. The update was the BIOS from F40 to F41. I wished that I didn't allow them to upgrade the BIOS in the first place. Because I ran the application, " InSpectre " that show me in a box with  Vulnerable to Meltdown: --  NO   Vulnerable to Spectre: -- YES  and Performance: GOOD. I waas wondering if I should roll back to F40 or not worth to try. Just leave it as is with F41. Before the upgrade with BIOS and the application, " InSpectre " show me all are good with those two lines -- NO. And now I got one with YES and other is NO.  I know that I should not be in a panic button about this. Just curious to see if there is worth trying to roll back BIOS or not.

Thank you,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jpmackay1

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need information about the recent BIOS update,

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern,

as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said, if the device is working fine and you have no issues with it after the update to BIOS, I wouldn't recommend going back to the older version, as newer updates are created to resolve specific issues that may have been present in the earlier version.

If you wish to rollback either way: Click here for steps.

I hope that answers your query!

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jpmackay1

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need information about the recent BIOS update,

I'd like to thank you for the detailed description of your concern,

as you have ensured I don't have to ask any more questions, that said, if the device is working fine and you have no issues with it after the update to BIOS, I wouldn't recommend going back to the older version, as newer updates are created to resolve specific issues that may have been present in the earlier version.

If you wish to rollback either way: Click here for steps.

I hope that answers your query!

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggested reply as I decided not go ahead with roll back the BIOS from F41 to F40.

Thank you again,

John

HP Recommended

@jpmackay1,

I am glad that the issue is resolved.

Please feel free to reach out for any issues with the HP product.

Thanks and have a blessed weekend ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.