Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-1033ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-1033ur computer. I get a blue screen of death when I install drivers for my ESI Julia sound card with error 0x000000E6: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION. I tried to enter the command "verifier /reset" writes that none of the parameters were changed. I connected the sound card to my computer via a PCI to PCI-E adapter, a so-called "riser" purchased from aliexpress, since I do not have a PCI port on my computer. Drivers in the system are installed automatically, it is defined as "PCI-PCI-X bridge". It is on the Asmedia ASM1083 chip.

Here is a link to the specific adapter I bought:

PCI-PCI-E Adapter 

I am attaching a link to the memory dumps: Memory Dump 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

does your sound card have win 10 driver support? do you have a Juli@ XTe or just the Julia@ do you have the latest/last driver released for your card?

https://www.esi-audio.com/products/juliaxte/

https://www.get-itsolutions.com/fix-driver_verifier_dma_violation-blue-screen-error/

HP Recommended

My version of the sound card is Julia@ not XTE. And yes, it has fresh drivers and official support for Windows 10 x64. It’s not about them.

Here is a link to them: Fresh drivers for Windows 10 x64  

As for the second link that was issued. I already did all this by manually disabling Driver Verifier Manager. Unfortunately, this does not help. It seems to me that the matter is in a crooked cut-down bios. There are many items in the BIOS in the Security tab, I tried to disable them, it does not help. There is only one clue, there is an item "Slot Security" in the BIOS in the "Security" tab and there you can turn off security for each slot, so I turned it off at the PCI-E 1x slot. The drivers were installed on the sound card, but in the device manager there is neither a PCI-PCI-E adapter nor a sound card, I tried to restore security to the slot, the adapter appeared and the sound card was also an unrecognized Multimedia Audio Controller device, I began to install the drivers for the sound again, again the blue screen.

197819181_457329578.jpg197819181_457329579.jpg

HP Recommended

system security options such as slot security have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with windows  Driver Verifier Manager

disabling  Driver Verifier Manager itself cannot be done in windows as it will turn the service back on itself, please follow the directions to have the  Driver Verifier Manager EXCLUDE a specific driver or test a specific driver

also note that if the driver verifies WITHOUT the pci-pci-e adapter connected, the issue is not with the cards driver but the pci-pcie interface itself

https://www.howtogeek.com/363500/why-you-shouldnt-use-the-driver-verifier-in-windows-10/

HP Recommended

I cannot check the specific driver for the sound card and for the PCI-PCI-E adapter because they are not listed in the driver list in the Driver Verifier Manager. I have already tested other drivers from unknown providers on the system according to the instructions and no crashes or blue screens were found. 

Instructions for testing drivers in Driver Verifier mod: Test Drivers in Verifier Mode 

P.S. I also think so that the problem is in the PCI-PCI-E adapter 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.