Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion e9280t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
So I started having evenly spaced red pixelation on the screen. I would restart and system restore all would be fine for a while. Then BSOD started happening right after pixelation and had to run in safe mode, would crash before starting in normal mode. Ran HP diagnostics and gave me a BIOHD-9 error S.M.A.R.T. Device near threshold. I was able to get back to normal mode after having Windows fix itself through HP diagnostic. Ran SeaTools long generic test and passed. It's been running alright but had a flash of pixelation and I shut it down before any worse happened. I know this model has a serious issue with the MOBO that HP had to replace. I'd also been having overheating/fans running on high. Can anybody give me an idea of what's going on... What is the BIOHD-9 error, I can't find it anywhere???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I don't believe that the Recovery partition being in the disk image will be help you with recovery.  If you have problems try ordering the System Recover disks from here.  Several of the members of the Forums have used them with success.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@TChaney21, welcome to the forum.

This error message is telling you that your hard drive is failing.  You should backup your personal data and buy a hard drive that is the same size or larger than the one that is failing.  If you haven't haven't done so, you should make the Recovery media so you can Recover the system once the drive has been replaced.

Here is a guide to help you with replacing the drive.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
@old_geekster,
I've made a system image, backed up my data on an external HD and made a repair disc. Is this sufficient to start over until I can get an internal HD? Also, why do you think the HD passed the Sea Tools drive test? Could it be that since its only "near the threshold"?
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @TChaney21.

@TChaney21 wrote:
@old_geekster,
I've made a system image, backed up my data on an external HD and made a repair disc. Is this sufficient to start over until I can get an internal HD?  If the repair disc is a HP System Recovery disc this should be fine.
Also, why do you think the HD passed the Sea Tools drive test? Could it be that since its only "near the threshold"?  This can be because the hard drive has not failed, but SMART detects possible problems developing.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
@old_geekster, Thank you for your help.
The repair disc is a Windows 7 64bit repair disc. I have lost the original set of HP discs. Will the Disc image and this work?
HP Recommended
The disc image includes the partition that I believe contains the HP recovery. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure.
HP Recommended

I don't believe that the Recovery partition being in the disk image will be help you with recovery.  If you have problems try ordering the System Recover disks from here.  Several of the members of the Forums have used them with success.

HP Recommended
Looks like there's some inexpensive discs available if necessary. Thank you for your help @old_geekster, it's greatly appreciated.
HP Recommended
So I wouldn't be able to use a Windows repair disc to reinstall windows from the system image and then reinstall any hp drivers necessary? I just want to be clear?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.