Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
580-137c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to find a replacement CPU cooler for the HP 580-137c. It has a Ryzen 1700 CPU in an AM4 socket, but it doesn't appear to have an AM4 style CPU cooler.

This is the motherboard:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05634309

There is another Basswood motherboard that has a LGA 775 socket, and the hole pattern for the CPU cooler looks similar.

Is this motherboard using an LGA 775 cooler?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Then HP has modified the MB.

You may have to use HP PartSurfer to find a replacement component.

Tom

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

You should be able to use a stock AMD cooler unless HP has modified the AM4 MB.

Amazon has this cooler.

The Intel 775 is a different MB.

Tom

HP Recommended

No. It's definitly different.

Look at the picture. The standard AM4 has a rectangular hole pattern. This Mobo has a square pattern.

I have a Ryzen 1700 with the stock cooler that i just put on another motherboard, and it's a very different pattern.

HP Recommended

Hi

Then HP has modified the MB.

You may have to use HP PartSurfer to find a replacement component.

Tom

HP Recommended

It looks like that CPU cooler is used in quite a few of their systems with a wide range of CPU types. I guess that's good for them to use rely on less parts, but eliminates any chance of upgrading the part.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: The part number is: 644724-001

HP Recommended

Hi

You're very welcome.

I am surprised HP modded the socket mount points for this component.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.