Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop PC 570-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My {avilion Desktop has the above video card.  It no longer meets the minimum spec for some games.  I see that my PSU is only 180 watts and has a non-standard fitting.  Is it possible to upgrade the card without changing the PSU?  If not how would I find an upgrade to my PSU?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mike_52

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see you need help in upgrading the graphics card, on HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p054. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 180 W uATX Regular internal power supply installed on the PC.

This computer supports One PCI Express x16slot, To get the answer to this question, Yes! you can upgrade the graphics cards, However, you need to check for power supply requirement.
According to product Specifications, this computer is shipped with the 180 W uATX Regular internal power supply.

Ensure while upgrading the graphics card the power supply meets the uATX Regular internal power supply requirement

NOTE: HP does not recommend upgrading or downgrading hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product as It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance, however, you could change the configuration at your own discretion.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks I'd already worked that out. The trouble is that there don't seem to be any cards that are worth getting with such a low power consumption. The PSU seems non-standard so I was wondering how to upgrade that.

HP Recommended

@mike_52
Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest you can try checking the video cards from the local technicians or store. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can I help you understand my question ? It us as follows: can I upgrade the power supply in this particular computer.  Please try to answer my question and not behave like a bot.

HP Recommended

@mike_52

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, Yes! you can upgrade power supply on this computer. 

Note: All compatible replacements for HP 180W uATX Power Supply power supplies:

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.