cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Rich_Vil
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Better Resolution on my HP 34f Curved Monitor

HP Recommended
HP 34f 34-inch Curved Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I need help improving the resolution capabilities on my workstation setup.

I recently purchased the HP 34f 34-inch curved display monitor;

I use a HP Elite x2 1012 G1 Tablet; and

Connect the two via a HP Elite USB-C Docking Station.

The monitor supports resolution up to 3440 x 1440, but the max I can access with the above setup is only 2560 x 1080.

What gives? Is there any way I can increase my resolution capabilities?

Thank you for any and all support!

Rich

3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,509 9,152 2,950 11,188
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rich_Vil , welcome to the Community.

Here is the User Guide for the Docking Station: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05033440.pdf

If you look at the section titled "Using the docking station" it talks about connecting a monitor to the HDMI and the DisplayPort.  This may give you some insight as to what you need to do to get the higher resolution.

I have a 4K monitor.  It requires me to use the DisplayPort to get the 4K resolution 3840 x 2160.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Rich_Vil
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Old_geekster, but the User Guide simply states: "For resolutions greater than 2560 x 1600, only single display mode can be used," And that's what I'm currently set for. The HP 34f is the only display recognized with my setup.

I tried via HDMI and via the "Dual Mode DisplayPort" (separately of course).

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,509 9,152 2,950 11,188
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Rich_Vil!

I believe that the problem may be the capability of your Docking Station.  I suggest that you read the Troubleshooting Section titled "Video problems" on Page 18.  It appears to state that the maximum resolution for the DS is 2560 x 1600: The external monitor screen resolution is higher than the maximum limit of 2560 x 1600.

As you will see, it is talking about text and other objects appearing too large.  I have read through the Guide several times, but could find no other reason for your problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation