07-15-2020 12:57 PM
I have an old HP Pavillon KJ245AA-ABF a6326.fr with the motherboard IPIBL-LB (Benicia), and a cpu core 2 duo e4500.
I bought a new cpu e8600, but the pc doesn't boot.
The version of my bios is 5.11
I think i have to update the bios 5.11 to 5.43 in order to use the new cpu.
The problem is i don't find the bios update for the HP Pavillon KJ245AA-ABF a6326.fr
Thanks for your help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-15-2020 01:34 PM
HP retires support for all PC's 10 years old or more.
I have zipped up and attached below, the v5.43 BIOS update you are looking for.
Download, unzip and run the file.
Here is a copy and paste of the BIOS update info and instructions to update the BIOS...
Title: IPIBL-LB Motherboard BIOS Update
Description: IPIBL-LB Motherboard BIOS update improves system thermal performance and updates fan curve for processor support.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Starter (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Starter (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
- Improves system thermal performance.
- Updates fan curve for processor support.
- Resolves issue with the system appearing to hang during restart if an HP Personal Media Drive is connected.
- Resolves issue with the system hanging when 7GB of RAM is installed.
- Updates Hardware Diagnostic Tools to v4880.05.
- You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update.
- You must have a Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows Vista operating system.
- Click the Download Only button.
- At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
- At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
- If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES to overwrite file.
- Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and then click NEXT.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update, click YES and allow system to restart.
Copyright © 2010 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
07-15-2020 05:32 PM
Hi, I couldn't wait ... lol
I proceeded to update following the instructions.
He did not want to restart, he tried several windows recovery, without success. I do not know why.
Since I had installed an SSD, I went to the configuration menu of the bios to remove the "RAID" and put it back in "AHCI".
I gave the correct boot order "SSD first etc ..."
And there, to my relief, everything is back to normal !!!
And the BIOS is now 5.43 🙂
So, I tried the E8600 CPU that I bought a few years ago (I had not dared to try updating the bios at the time not being sure of the file I had found , not wishing to "break" the motherboard) and it is finally recognized and it works very well.
Thank you very much for your helping hand, it's really nice.
Greetings from France.
07-15-2020 06:02 PM
Glad to have been of assistance.
That is great news you were able to accomplish your goal of updating the processor.
Now you can get a good night's sleep and not have to look at doing the upgrade tomorrow. 😊