Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I saw an couple months old post so I thought maybe I can find some solution or help here.

Today I changed from i3-2100 to i5-3470 and it does not post it beeps 5times and I know for a fact my RAM is working great, do i need bios update to support the new processor? (Both have the same socket) If so where do I get the Bios couldn't find them anywhere do I need to change to windows 7 for them? Could you please get me link to the bios as I found some for win7 64bit but I'm not installing them until I know for sure they are the right ones.
Also I've read HP has stopped support for 10year old computers but please don't tell me I've wasted my money on the CPU.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC's motherboard cannot support the Intel 3rd gen core processors.

See this note from Intel...

Upgrading Desktop Boards to 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors

NoteFor desktop boards based on the Intel® Q67 Express Chipset, Intel® Q65 Express Chipset, or Intel® B65 Express Chipset, upgrading from a 2nd Generation to a 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor isn't possible.

The best processor you can install in your PC is the i7-2600.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC's motherboard cannot support the Intel 3rd gen core processors.

See this note from Intel...

Upgrading Desktop Boards to 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors

NoteFor desktop boards based on the Intel® Q67 Express Chipset, Intel® Q65 Express Chipset, or Intel® B65 Express Chipset, upgrading from a 2nd Generation to a 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor isn't possible.

The best processor you can install in your PC is the i7-2600.

HP Recommended

As expected whelp it is what it is should of upgraded from this a long time ago i guess.
Only question is the new CPU Dead? as I did put in.
Thanks for your help didn't even consider that its possible not to be supported.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I doubt the CPU you bought is no good.

It simply won't work in the Q67 chipset.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.