Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
G1V02UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I'm using my G1V02UA from last two years. It was working good but suddenly it's bios got corrupt. Repaired 5 times but every time after 2-3 days or even on the same day its bios again corrupts. What hardware i should replace to maintain its serviceability. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

G1V02UA#ABA HP TouchSmart 15-d000 15-d037dx 15.6" Touchscreen LED (BrightView) Notebook - AMD A-Series A6-5200 Quad-core (4 Core) 2 GHz

7 years old.(RTC battery is 5-7 year spec,life span, ever check that first) Age matters, for sure batteries.

this is no desktop, at all,  and does not go here but sure same answer for all PCs made ,see  over 200million PCs bricked on google owners guessing wrong and doing wrong to PC,  flashing for kicks I call it.

are you flash burning this PC,  BIOS updating it, tell what you did first and what real errors you see clearly.

first off no reason to that update IBIOS,  bios was ok new and is now,  take that to the bank. truth.  it did not just  forget, OK?

YES NVRAM can forget every 5 years,  due to only a $1 battery is dead. the COIN cell..

bios has 100 to 200 year retention spec. proof ask. have. so FIRMWARE did just go nuts , unmolested.

my guess is you confuse NVRAM corruption with FLASH firmware and is  wrong to do that.sorry very wrong that.

replace the RTC coin cell (NVRAM CMOS battery) first do not  update bios for fun or guessing ever.

the batter is always first to test or replace, below 2.9vdc its bad.

If BIOS is bad  then the update cased it as it did not go bad all by itself for sure.. did not.

there are 10 ways flash wrong and brick a PC, I have list of over 20 ways if curious.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Comos battery voltage are 3.0 volts

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.