Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have hp 250 dual mouse and bluetooth connection is not working on it. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Samrath1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the Bluetooth connectivity issues with your HP 250 laptop and dual mouse:

Basic Troubleshooting Steps

Ensure Bluetooth is Enabled:

• Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and make sure Bluetooth is turned on.

Restart Your Laptop and Mouse:

• Turn off your laptop and mouse. Wait for a few seconds, then turn them back on.

Check Battery Levels:

• Ensure that your mouse has sufficient battery power or is properly charged.

Bluetooth Device Pairing

1. Pair the Mouse Again:
    • Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
    • Under "Mouse, keyboard, & pen," if your mouse is listed, click on it and select "Remove device."
    • Then, click on "Add Bluetooth or other device" and follow the instructions to pair your mouse again.

Driver and Device Manager

Update Bluetooth Drivers:

• Open Device Manager (you can search for it in the Start menu).
  • Expand the "Bluetooth" section.
  • Right-click on your Bluetooth adapter and select "Update driver."
  • Choose "Search automatically for updated driver software."

Reinstall Bluetooth Drivers:

• In Device Manager, right-click on your Bluetooth adapter and select "Uninstall device."
  • Restart your laptop. Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.

Bluetooth Services

1. Check Bluetooth Services:
    • Press Win + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
    • In the Services window, scroll down and find "Bluetooth Support Service."
    • Ensure the service is running. If not, right-click on it and select "Start." Also, set the Startup type to "Automatic."

Windows Updates

1. Check for Windows Updates:
    • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for updates. Install any available updates.

Advanced Troubleshooting

1. Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter:
    • Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.
    • Select "Bluetooth" and run the troubleshooter.

External Interference

1. Reduce Interference:
    • Ensure there are no other wireless devices nearby that might be causing interference.
    • Move closer to your laptop to ensure a strong Bluetooth connection.

Hardware Issues

1. Check Hardware:
    • Ensure your Bluetooth adapter is properly seated (if it is a removable type).
    • Try connecting another Bluetooth device to your laptop to check if the issue is with the mouse or the laptop's Bluetooth.

Reset Network Settings

1. Reset Network Settings:
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Status.
    • Scroll down and click on "Network reset." This will remove and reinstall all your network adapters and set other networking components back to their original settings.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, there may be a hardware problem with either your laptop's Bluetooth adapter or the mouse itself. In such a case, you may need to contact HP support for further assistance or take it to nearest service center. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am facing the same problem. The bluetooth connection of my mouse is not working So Can anyone solve this issue? Good for sharing this post. LHI Provider Portal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.