Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example:Pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

In the middle of working on my computer it will suddenly shut down and show a black screen with "Boot Disk Error".  I have done all of the diagnostic symptom test and they all pass.  I checked the configuration in the BIOS Setup Utility and I do not have UEFI Hill Configuration (Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology.  Is there a download or a fix to this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@udelsjs

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please run an Extensive System Test and let me know if the Computer shuts down during the Test

- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests, then click Extensive Test.

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  This is a desk top all-in-one computer.  I have already done all of the system Diagnostic testing.  All of the test passed.  It still did not fix my issue.

HP Recommended

I am still missing the UEFI Hill Configuration (Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology

HP Recommended

@udelsjs If the hardware tests have passed, this could be an issue with the operating system,

I suggest you attempt to backup all your personal data and then, reset windows using the steps mentioned here.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.