Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Elite 8300 CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys! I have just added a Zotac GTX-1050 Mini (75W) into my Elite 8300 CMT, and of course the display cable is plugged into my Gfx card's DVI-Port. After installing drivers for my card, everything is ok, but into the Device Manager I found both GPUs enabled. So, i jumped into BIOS and checked there, the primary video controller was GTX-1050, and the integrated one was also there, and there is the option to disable it. So, the question is "Should I Disable the integrated HD-2500 video controller, or let it be Enabled ?"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you don't plan on using the onboard Intel graphics adapter (such as for using multiple monitors beyond what your nVidia card can handle), you can disable it in the BIOS.

I'm pretty surprised the onboard Intel graphics adapter didn't get disabled automatically after you installed the nVidia card.

I have the 8200 Elite CMT, and when I added the nVidia 730 graphics card to my PC, the onboard Intel GPU was disabled automatically and the onboard graphics setting in the BIOS was set to disabled, with an option to enable it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you don't plan on using the onboard Intel graphics adapter (such as for using multiple monitors beyond what your nVidia card can handle), you can disable it in the BIOS.

I'm pretty surprised the onboard Intel graphics adapter didn't get disabled automatically after you installed the nVidia card.

I have the 8200 Elite CMT, and when I added the nVidia 730 graphics card to my PC, the onboard Intel GPU was disabled automatically and the onboard graphics setting in the BIOS was set to disabled, with an option to enable it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.