Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

From yesterday my laptop brightness keys and volume keys are not working. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Luckykrishna

Welcome to HP support community.

Provide the notebook model number or the product number?

Meanwhile:

Here is a link that will help. Go into your power options.
Select Balanced and click Change plan settings. Click Change advanced power settings. Then save setting changes.

You could try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 8. 

Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update has been completed!

You could also try:

In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that category
Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter does one at a time.
Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver
After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.