Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All in One-24-b017c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

My built in camera for the Pavilion All-in-one cannot be turned on when using Windows Hello for authentication.

However, it works fine when using as a web cam. 

I am wondering how I can trouble shoot this.

Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ah_Boy-22, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists. Please update the Intel RealSense SR300 DCM and BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to download Intel RealSense SR300 DCM drivers.

Link to download BIOS.

Please update the drivers and let me know how it goes.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi! @Ah_Boy-22, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that webcam on your PC is not working in windows hello feature for authentication.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

1) Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

2) You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

3) You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

4) The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started"

5) The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on the screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

6) Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition. This is useful if you wear glasses, for example, as it'll allow you to be recorded with them on and without them on.

7) Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head left and right for verification.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chetan,

Thanks for responding to my query.

This did not work for me. Seems like the camera could not be turned on. May I add that this isn't the 1st time i am using the Hello function. It worked fine for a while before it ran into problems.

The drivers are updated as at 12 dec 2016.

What else can i try?

Thanks,

AH_ Boy-22

HP Recommended

@Ah_Boy-22, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists. Please update the Intel RealSense SR300 DCM and BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to download Intel RealSense SR300 DCM drivers.

Link to download BIOS.

Please update the drivers and let me know how it goes.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi,
Updating the drivers as recommended did the trick.
Thank you for all the assistance!

HP Recommended

Hi @Ah_Boy-22! You're welcome and thanks for the response,

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day ahead! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

The problem with the camera is back to haunt me. the drivers are updated but it still isnt working.

Would someone has the link to download the bios? The earlier link is broken.

Many thanks,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.