cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
JC_AZ
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Buying a new computer, restoring from old computer

HP Recommended
Pavilion 520-1047c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer is being replaced, what is the best way to transfer from old to new... no external drives available

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,509 9,152 2,950 11,188
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JC_AZ , welcome to the Community.

It will be necessary to have some external means to transfer the files.  Here is a guide that should give you some ideas.  You won't be able to transfer the operating system with any method that you use.  There are most likely other options you can find on the Internet.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JC_AZ , welcome to the Community.

It will be necessary to have some external means to transfer the files.  Here is a guide that should give you some ideas.  You won't be able to transfer the operating system with any method that you use.  There are most likely other options you can find on the Internet.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

JC_AZ
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I used the Carbonite storage to backup and download files/folder/pics to my new computer.  I purchased a new Dell that also has an app to transfer files to a new computer.

Thank you for the response

old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @JC_AZ !

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation