Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Slimline 270-p024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I fix the fan issue, speeding up ten slowing down?? Says i may need a new Bios, but how do you find the bios? Ctrl/alt/s doesn't work!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

clean the fan yet,  and HS fins. next.

the fan runs fast when BIOS sees CPU get too hot, THAT IS ITS job.

what is it was working right

and you failed to run CPU-Z or hwinfo32.exe and see the poor thing overheat.

80c is bad. 50 or 60 ok./

the heat sink grease can fail, go hard be bad then CPU and BIOS goes nuts trying to keep cool , why not look at temps first.

some update the bios 10 times,. then brick the pC.

all for simple cooling problem

why do that? first. it's LAST.

the bios ran the fan ok for how many years (long) bios does no leak out like bucket full of water and of holes. no.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Well I'm not THAT stupid... I cleaned the fan... then reapplied thermal grease... modified some power settings... still was whizzing then stopping, so searched for a new fan, hard to find, found one, installed in  today, works perfectly... 

BAD FAN!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.