Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Yes that is the one i am talking about, he charges $18 for a lot of 2 with 4 modules soo that is 4x2gb sticks. Also, thanks for letting me know that anything above 2 would not work, i did not know that.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Please reply back and let us know how your PC upgrades turned out.

The next thing to do is to get a 2.5" SSD.

HP Recommended

Thank you, I sure will. My hard drive is super loud and have been looking into one. I have been watching some videos and have been noticing that the GTX 750 ti gets heavily bottlenecked by a dual core core, and it can't load game textures fast enough. So I searched the internet and found a Motherboard which is the HP IPIBL-LB motherboard: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01324212.

The size is m-ATX and it's the exact same dimensions as the P5BW-LA. So I found one on ebay for $12 and was going to switch it out with this, and it supports quad core cpu's with PC2-6400 DIMM's. I want to know, after adding a core 2 quad q9550, a gtx 750 ti, a 256gb ssd with a currently installed 5.4k rpm HDD+4x2gb PC2-6400, will my current 300w psu be enough. Newegg's psu calculator says my current usage is 172w and with all these new parts, it will be 243w, i just wanted to verify with you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You should be fine, but note that when you change the motherboard, your current Windows installation will become deactivated and you will need a new product key/license to activate the installation.

You're still going to have the memory bottleneck issues though.   

A 1333 MHz processor running the memory at a mere 800 MHz.

HP Recommended

Oh thank you for letting me know that. If you would not mind, could you find me a 9x9 inch mobo that supports ddr3 memory with lga 775 socket and 1 or more pcie x16 slot, and one or more pcie x1 slot, The PCI-E x1 slot is not a MUST have but it is preferred, but of course the x16 is a must have, or else i can't run a gpu. Also, please tell me what PC3-xxxxx RAM need to take full advantage of the CPU with a motherboard that supports it. It can be from any company, but it has to be a 9x9 inch that has the same screw-in points as the P5BW-LA, for it to fit in my case. Thank You! 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you with that and suggest you start a new post.

HP Recommended

OK, I will keep you updated on how everything is going!

HP Recommended

That would be great.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.