Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I would like to change the CPU cooler of my HP OMEN 40L, can I change it or void the warranty

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DarkWa,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

When you change the CPU cooler of your HP OMEN 40L, it may void the warranty on your computer. HP's warranty terms generally state that "any modifications or alterations made to the hardware of the computer, including the replacement of components, may void the warranty".

If you're comfortable with the process of changing the CPU cooler, you can do so without affecting the rest of your computer. However, I would recommend checking your warranty terms and contacting HP support before making any changes to your computer to ensure that you don't inadvertently void your warranty.

In some cases, HP may allow you to replace the CPU cooler without affecting your warranty, as long as you use approved replacement parts and follow their instructions for doing so. If you're unsure about whether or not you can make this change without voiding your warranty, it's always best to check with the manufacturer first.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.