Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-1010na
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi all, I'm currently in the process of trying to upgrade from my integrated graphics card (I normally don't care about these things but lately the low fps has really been causing me a headache.) I did some research and found a graphics card (Geforce GTX 1650) that would work with my PCs 180W power supply but when I tried to install it earlier I couldn't find anything to fit into the 6 pin power socket (only some 4 pin plugs for the CPU and the memory thing, I think it's called SATA?). Have I in my infinite wisdom bought an incompatible graphics card? Or am I just failing to notice that my power supply does indeed have a 6 pin plug?

If I did buy an incompatible graphics card then I might as well upgrade the PSU as 180W is on the low end and from what I hear quite restrictive - I've seen PSU for Pavilion PCs which have the 6 pin plug - what would you recommend?

Also on a side note, what would be the best way to plug those four panels in the side of the PC, the ones which you take out to fit graphics cards and other gizmos - I took them all out because I wasn't sure which ones I needed to fit my graphics card and bent them beyond repair in doing so. Currently I'm using duct tape which seems like a terrible idea.

Thanks, and have a smiley day!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AACRobinson,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

According to the specs, your HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-1010na is fitted with a Baker motherboard (SSID: 8767), which is compatible with a 400-watt power supply, with p/n: L69242-800. This power supply is equipped with one 6+2-pin PCIe power cable.

This power supply is available online, such as via this Trusted eBay Seller who allows for return if needed: New For HP Power Supply 942332-001 400W 280 288 285 480 600 680 800 790 G3 G4 US | eBay.

Please check the "P2" color wiring of your 180-watt power supply, see if it matches one of the two models to the left:

NonSequitur777_1-1714244221397.png

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

image.jpg

Yes it matches this one - I assume then that I can just buy this new power supply and I should be able to fit everything with no issues?

image.jpg

Also how would you recommend I fit these panels since I destroyed them when I was trying to fit the graphics card - can I just buy them?

Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

@AACRobinson,

Yes, it would be worth trying out the power supply upgrade.  I would in your shoes.  See if you can purchase the PSU from a Seller who allows for returns -just in case and for peace of mind.

The 'panels' you described earlier are PCIe slot brackets, and honestly, I wouldn't worry about it.  Just consider these open slots as extra air-venting ports, it won't hurt your desktop in the least.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.