Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
590-p0026na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Can I fit a full sized atx power supply into the HP Pavilion 590-p0026na desktop. The the power supply is a slim 180w I was wondering if I can fit a full sized atx power supply because the case looks big enough
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Your PC has a proprietary PSU.  Your PC also has a proprietary motherboard.There is no 24 pin motherboard connection. The HP motherboard and PSU have the following connectors instead of the standard ATX PSU connectors:

PSU fan connector,

8 Pin SATA power,

4 pin Main,

Plus the standard 4 pin CPU connection

You will have to get a more powerful PSU from HP.

HP makes more powerful PSUs that will work. You can't install a retail PSU such as a Corsair, or Seasonic, or Antec PSU.

You could check HP PartSurfer but recent checks for HP PSU upgrades return no hits.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

From the support page for that unit, it indicates the release date of 11-June-2018.  I am fairly certian doing as suggested would violate and void the Warranty.  Also ,there does not seem to be any information on the support page to confirm/deny that power supply's dimensions/information.  You could get the measurements of the existing power supply and compare that to the power supply that is being considered.  Be certain to check on the type of connectors needed.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Greetings

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Your PC has a proprietary PSU.  Your PC also has a proprietary motherboard.There is no 24 pin motherboard connection. The HP motherboard and PSU have the following connectors instead of the standard ATX PSU connectors:

PSU fan connector,

8 Pin SATA power,

4 pin Main,

Plus the standard 4 pin CPU connection

You will have to get a more powerful PSU from HP.

HP makes more powerful PSUs that will work. You can't install a retail PSU such as a Corsair, or Seasonic, or Antec PSU.

You could check HP PartSurfer but recent checks for HP PSU upgrades return no hits.

Regards

HP Recommended
Thank you this information really helps
HP Recommended
Thank you I will for this answer
HP Recommended

So does anyone know where I can get psu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.