cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gch233
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Can I install more ram for a HP Envy Desktop 795-0xxx?

HP Recommended
HP Envy Desktop 795-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am interested in adding more RAM to my HP Envy  Desktop 795-0xxx computer. So far it has the original 8 GB of DDR4  2666 Mhz single-channel memory in one slot.  HP added an additional software package that emulates more memory, I can recall what it is called. Can I add a compatible memory stick in the other A slot?  I feel the need for more memory as I do some graphics work especially InDesign and have edited photographs in the past. I don't know how to put the memory in either, or at least not for this particular computer. I did open the case  (it is no longer under warranty) and could see that it is located under the hard drive. I don't want to modify the computer any more than that, as I am thinking of upgrading the computer and getting better performance and fewer crashes.

3 REPLIES 3
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
3,524 3,482 381 1,520
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
gch233
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Product number is 6XQ71AV.

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
3,524 3,482 381 1,520
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-desktop-pc-795-0000i/19390486/model/28868353/product-in...

Problem , no information for this computer !

is it this  motherboard ?

motherboard specifications, Berks

if yes :

• Dual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture
  • Four DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) and 64GB unbuffered (with 16GB DIMMs) on 64-bit computers.

try this for help :

Welcome to Crucial USA

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation