cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
aa1942
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can I replace my ENVY Recline 27 Hybrid HDD with WD - Blue 1TB Internal SATA SSD

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Recline 27-k150 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC

My HP Envy 27 desktop has become painfully slow since 4-5 days. I ran hard disk clean up and repair on it. Still has some bad blocks. Best option is to replace the hard disk after cloning it, I think.  I want to purchase a fast 1 TB hard drive which will replace the current 1 TB Hybrid SATA HDD with Cash 8 GB . I am guessing the SATA Cables will fit but I am concern the drive placement may be an issue due to size. If I can figure that part out, my next question is whether the latest SSD drives are compatible with this older model of HP All-in-one computer. If all is good with my plan, any suggestions on brand WD, Samsung, Seagate ??

Thank you so much for your help. I would appreciate it.

Regards,

AA 

1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,499 9,142 2,950 11,184
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aa1942 , welcome to the Community.

Here is the HDD in your computer on HP Partsurfer: https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=665259-001

I suggest that you choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best HDD/SSD for your system.  They are the experts on their products.  I like Samsung SSD's and HDD's because they seem to work best with HP BIOS/UEFI.  When you are adding new technology to older technology they don't always play nice together.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation