Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0083w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was wondering if I could upgrade my current HP Gaming desktop: Ryzen 5 2400g w/ 1050 Ti 3GB to a GTX 1060 3 GB without having to buy or add anything, just swap.

Also, would I be able to use the 1050 Ti in an older HP Gaming desktop that I have that is currently running an i5-7400 and the GTX 1060 3GB that I will be putting into the first mentioned PC? So run the 1050 Ti with the i5-7400?

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense and thank you in advanced for any help. Trying to help a sibling out here myself lol.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

hi

No indication for the power of the power supply here
But if the chosen card is not more powerful, and there are the required pci connectors, and it is not too big, that should be ok!
On the other hand it is mentioned here 4gb and not 3

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

you have this for ex:

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0016ng Product Specifications

Sunflower

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

310 W Gold efficiency power supply

for the other, it is the opposite therefore, the power supply is suitable, card not too large ...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.