Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

I've had my Pc for almost 6months now and I want to upgrade the RAM size of it I would like to know if there is a store I can buy the same RAM my pc has or if there is no ram in stock or its not accessible will any G.SKILL or any other company work on my pc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Dear @Justuf 

In general, you can use any ram memory that has the same frequency as the installed memory, of any brand.

It is important that you check the chip count of the current memory module in your PC, so that you can buy a memory with the same chip count in order for the dual channel to work properly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Dear @Justuf 

In general, you can use any ram memory that has the same frequency as the installed memory, of any brand.

It is important that you check the chip count of the current memory module in your PC, so that you can buy a memory with the same chip count in order for the dual channel to work properly.

HP Recommended

So will the G.skill ram work perfectly fine?

HP Recommended

If it is a DDR4 with the same frequency is yes, if it is a DDR5, no.

HP Recommended

@Justuf -- open the Windows "Task Manager", and switch to its "Performance" tab.

It will display the total amount of RAM that you have, and what percentage of the RAM is currently being used.

If the "used" percentage is below 50%, then it is likely that adding RAM will have no effect, other than running-up a charge on your credit-card.

Access www.crucial.com and run their "configurator" to tell you the maximum amount of RAM for your computer, how many sockets for RAM are on your motherboard, and exactly which RAM (by Crucial) that will be guaranteed to work with your computer.

Or, access the HP warehouse:  http://PartSurfer.HP.com and do a search for your model-number, and see if HP will sell you "genuine" HP RAM, presuming that they have some in their inventory.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.