Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk Desktop 875-1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, I have an Omen Obelisk 875-1 with i7-9700F and an nvidia rxt 2080 super.

16 Gb Ram installed. (but was thinking of upgrading that too)

Since the very affordable price of the rtx 3060 and 3070, I was wondering if I can actually upgrade my omen to one of those.

I checked the energy watts for both the rtx 2080 super and the rtx 3060 it looks like they are the same.

Does someone actually know if this upgrade is possible?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 3060 needs a minimum 550 watt PSU. The 3070 needs a 650 watt PSU. Can your PSU meet these requirements?

Both graphics cards require one 8 pin connection from the PSU. Both Nvidia reference cards are 242 mm in length.

Third party cards can be longer. Some 3000 series cards (the 3060 and 3070 apply in this case) need a two slot clearance on the MB. The 3090 requires a three slot clearance on the MB.

It is possible to upgrade if the card you want fits in the MB and the chassis and your PSU meets the minimum wattage requirements.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 3060 needs a minimum 550 watt PSU. The 3070 needs a 650 watt PSU. Can your PSU meet these requirements?

Both graphics cards require one 8 pin connection from the PSU. Both Nvidia reference cards are 242 mm in length.

Third party cards can be longer. Some 3000 series cards (the 3060 and 3070 apply in this case) need a two slot clearance on the MB. The 3090 requires a three slot clearance on the MB.

It is possible to upgrade if the card you want fits in the MB and the chassis and your PSU meets the minimum wattage requirements.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello
I would also advise you to check the current maximum temperatures
This type of case is obviously not very large, bulky
for the gtx model it is indicated temperatures of around 88 ° c, for the rtx 3070, 93 °
If the card found is also slightly larger, you may have overheating problems!
then to see if the rest of your configuration is sufficient!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.