Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop TE01-2250xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use my PC for at home vocal recording. I've came to a point were the PC gets choppy when I add too many vocal effects and plugins. Can I upgrade my processor? I have an i5- 11400. I've attached a pic with the desktop specs. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20221024-164628_Outlook.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Freshscrilla,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Yes indeed, you can upgrade your processor.  HP recommends the Intel i7-11700 (2.50 GHz up to 4.90 GHz, 8 Cores, 16 Threads) according to: HP ENVY Desktop TE01-2250xt PC.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Want to point out that the CPU recommended by @NonSequitur777 will also upgrade your graphics to intel 750

BeemerBiker_0-1666707148858.png

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-UHD-Graphics-750-vs-Intel-UHD-Graphics-730/m1498842vsm15...

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

hi

"PC gets choppy when I add too many vocal effects and plugins. "

Are you using any particular software?
you should maybe indicate what you are using exactly @Freshscrilla  , this can help to know what exact configuration you should have the processor, may not actually be the only problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you

HP Recommended

I appreciate that

HP Recommended

I'm using the PreSonus Studio One DAW

HP Recommended

@Freshscrilla wrote:

I'm using the PreSonus Studio One DAW

If PreSonus Studio One uses CUDA for hardware acceleration you might be better off with an inexpensive NVidia card.

Your probably have the 310 watt power supply and could use a gtx-1030 assuming your app benefits from CUDA  Only NVidia boards use CUDA.

Alternatey OpenCL is used by both AMD, NVidia and Intel but PreSonus may not use OpenCL.

Here is a parts list for your system

According to above url your product iD is 1K4F1A.  Usually there are a lot of product ID

The 1K4F1A has the following parts.  Note that 4 possibly graphic accelerators are available all supporting CUDA

https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer/?searchtext=1K4F1AV&searchby=product

It is likely the 400 watt supply is needed for the RTX card.  The 310 watt is probably sufficient for the 1650

Also verify that your product ID is 1K4F1A  (or 1K4F1A#ABA)

You might check with PreSonus to see if the app you are using will benefit from CUDA or OpenCL.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

I don't see which audio interface you're using in this thread...only that you're using Presonus Studio One.

Would you be using a Presonus Audio interface as well?

Normally the laptop with the i5 should have plenty of power enough to handle even quite demanding mix situations with lots of plugins. 

Have you gone through the Optimizations for running DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software from the Presonus website? (If you're using a Presonus audio interface that is...otherwise try finding a similar optimization page from your audio interface manufacturer)

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/sections/201961343-Tuning-and-Optimizing-Computers-for-Digital...

A classic issue with with choppy or static audio when using a USB audio interface, is the windows power saving settings for the USB bus which will try to switch off the power supply to you audio card several times per second. This may or may not not be the problem you're experiencing...but it is a very common problem and the USB power saving settings need to be disabled in a lot of cases.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.