Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: PaviEnvy All-in-one PC 27-b0XXlion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade the memory in my Envy All-in-one PC 27-b0XX? I can't find a way to open the computer. There are two "tabs" on the bottom that look like they come out but I haven't been able to remove them.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@BenG3 , welcome back to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Product number is V9B02AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @BenG3!

Here is the Product Specifications page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-27-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/12079705/model/126...

Look at the section titled "Memory upgrade information" for a list of compatible memory and the maximum amount is 32 GB.  I suggest that you use CPU-Z to find the manufacturer and timings of the current memory: https://download.cnet.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html

This information is in the Tab titled "SPD".  The reason that you need this information is the fact that all manufacturer's memory doesn't work well together.  I suggest that you consider Crucial Memory using their Memory Advisor Tool.

Also, here is a video that I believe will help you remove the back of the case:

He explains at the end of the video how to open the case.  It is not your exact model, but it is the same series.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I can't get the thing apart. I found the rubber feet and took them off and was excited to get inside, but the bottom just won't come off. I tried prying it off and even broke a lot of the casing off. (I don't care how it looks). I got the two speakers off of the front, but the bottom just won't budge. I took out two large silver screws at the top and four small black screws from the bottom. Any other ideas?

BottomBottomFrontFront

HP Recommended

Trying again to upload the photos. This time as .png files.

FrontFrontbottom.png

HP Recommended

@BenG3, I wish that I had more ideas for you, but I don't.  I have never owned an AIO and have no experience working on them.  You may have to take it to a local computer shop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.