Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Momthetechie Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can I upgrade to this card Galaxy NVIDIA Geforce GT 740 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

HP Pavilion p7-1436s Desktop P
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer has an AMD Radeon HD 7540D which gives me a lot of trouble when editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.  I have 32GB of memory installed on this computer.  Can I upgrade to a graphics card that utilizes Open GL or Cuda?  Like this one: 

Galaxy NVIDIA Geforce GT 740 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

or a better one.  I know there are a few folks on Youtube who suggest a $300 plus card for editing. I plan on downconverting 4k footage on my PC to edit.

I just need to know if I can upgrade to a card that allows me to use the Mercury Playback hardward not software.

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
20462 2248 7480
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can I upgrade to this card Galaxy NVIDIA Geforce GT 740 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Momthetechie, welcome to the forum.

If your motherboard has UEFI you should be able to use the video card.  However, you will most likely have to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU), also.  The current PSU is only 300W.  Most newer video cards require at least 400W to operate properly.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen 880-160se; i7-8700K; 16 GB DDR4 2400; GTX 1070-8 GB; 512 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation